The situation with the spread of coronavirus infection inspires cautious optimism. Over the past week, 2-4 thousand new cases of covid infection have been detected daily, which is significantly less than at the end of December.
Hospitalization has also significantly decreased - 1200-1300 people a day versus 1500-1800 on holidays and holidays. 11.8 thousand people are being treated in coronavirus hospitals - the minimum number since the end of November. More than 9 thousand beds are available.
The rate of vaccination has increased significantly. More than 220 thousand Muscovites have already received reliable protection against the virus.
In this situation, we can afford to significantly relax the existing restrictions.
Today I signed a decree, according to which from January 22, 2021:
1. Colleges, institutions of additional education, sports schools and children's leisure facilities under the jurisdiction of the Government of Moscow will return to their normal operating hours.
Students' transport cards will be unlocked, and they will again be able to enjoy the right to reduced travel on public transport.
However, due to the fact that, according to the decision of the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia, distance learning at federal universities continues until February 6, 2021, the "distance" is extended to the same date in universities subordinate to the Moscow Government.
The decision on the further format of education in city universities and the unblocking of student transport cards will be made in agreement with the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia.
2. The maximum number of spectators in theaters, cinemas and concert halls increases from 25% to 50% of the total capacity of the auditorium.
3. Restrictions on the functioning of children's entertainment centers, day camps, children's rooms in the shopping and entertainment center, children's corners and similar places of entertainment and babysitting are abolished. However, the number of children and adults simultaneously at these facilities cannot exceed 50% of the total capacity of the respective premises.
4. The work of museums, libraries, other cultural institutions is resumed, as well as entertainment, exhibition, educational, mass physical culture, sports, advertising and other similar events, provided that the number of visitors cannot exceed 50% of the total capacity appropriate premises.
5. The requirement to transfer at least 30% of employees of organizations to teleworking mode remains in force and will remain in effect until a significant improvement in the epidemiological situation.
The current restrictions remain in the operating hours of catering establishments, nightclubs, bars, discos, karaoke, bowling alleys and other similar establishments.
6. Also, until a significant improvement in the epidemiological situation, the home regime for Muscovites over 65 years of age and citizens suffering from chronic diseases remains.
However, after being vaccinated against Covid-19, the social cards of older Muscovites and citizens suffering from chronic diseases will be unblocked, and they will again be able to enjoy the right of free travel on public transport.
Friends, These are the conditions in which we will have to live in the coming weeks. I sincerely hope that the improvement of the epidemiological situation will continue, and then we will be able to mitigate other still remaining restrictions.
The key to success is active participation in vaccination and observance of the mask regime in transport and in public places.
I count on your support in implementing these critical measures to combat the coronavirus.
Click to view the document.