State Duma deputies from "Fair Russia", headed by party leader Sergei Mironov, submitted to the State Duma a package of initiatives aimed at strengthening social support for citizens. This was reported in the press service of the party.
Thus, one of the projects proposes to increase the amount of benefits for unemployed able-bodied citizens caring for a disabled child up to 18 years old or disabled children of group I by almost 10 times.
“Today, parents and guardians of these categories of citizens receive payments in the amount of 10 thousand rubles. per month. And people who take care of their loved ones in the same way without registration of guardianship - in the legislation they are called "other persons" - receive only 1.2 thousand rubles. For example, an adult son is caring for a parent who is a disabled child of the 1st group. The father is of sound mind, there are no grounds for registration of guardianship over him. And physically a person is helpless, in need of constant care. And for taking care of his father, the son in this case receives from the state the same 1.2 thousand rubles, the amount of the benefit has not changed since 2013. More than 150 thousand of our citizens are in this position. With our bill, we set payments at 10 thousand rubles. for all non-working able-bodied persons who take care of children with disabilities or children with disabilities of the 1st group,”explained S. Mironov, whose words are quoted in the message.
The second document is aimed at supporting young mothers by extending the period for paying childcare benefits from 1.5 years to three.
“By the decision of the President, payments for children from 1.5 to three years old were raised to the level of the subsistence minimum. This support measure applies to about 70% of Russian low-income families. But the remaining 30% of parents, unfortunately, can still count on only a symbolic 50 rubles. per month. In their interests, we insist on the adoption of our bill. Childcare benefits must be paid for the entire duration of the maternity leave. In addition, the initiative introduces payments for those young mothers who today do not receive any support from the state,”explained the leader of the“SR”.
It is emphasized that the project establishes the right to receive maternity benefits for university students, as well as non-working women who worked for at least one year out of two before applying for benefits.
The third bill simplifies the procedure for receiving social benefits for parents of children with disabilities.
“With a special amendment, we eliminate contradictions in the legislation, due to which parents are forced to open so-called nominal accounts in order to receive payments. The system of such accounts was initially introduced for guardians, but since 2017 they have been trying to extend this procedure to parents of children with disabilities. These are excessive bureaucratic obstacles for citizens, which we eliminate with our bill,”S. Mironov concluded.