VORONEZH, January 14 - RIA Novosti. Carbon monoxide poisoning of five children and their 20-year-old brother in the Belgorod region was due to the fault of the victims themselves - they blocked the chimney, trying to warm up, and the initiation of a case was refused, RIA Novosti told RIA Novosti on Monday Elena Kozyreva, senior assistant to the head of the Investigative Department of the RF IC for the region.
Information about the poisoning of six people with carbon monoxide came to the law enforcement agencies of the city of Gubkin on December 4 last year. According to the investigation, in the village of Bogoslovka, a woman who returned from a 12-hour shift, found the children who remained at home, five of whom were minors, feeling unwell and called an ambulance. All six victims were taken to the hospital and left under the supervision of doctors. The UK began checking the circumstances of the incident.
“We refused to initiate a criminal case due to the absence of a crime event. There the children were to blame, they blocked the chimney, believing that it would be warmer,” Kozyreva said.
According to the interlocutor of the agency, the family brings up four boys, the eldest of whom is 20 years old, and two girls.
“The children are all safe and sound,” added Kozyreva.