In the Kaliningrad Zoo, a raccoon named Pukhlik had indigestion after chewing on a rubber children's toy that had fallen into the enclosure. This was announced on Thursday, July 11, on the institution's Facebook page.
The animal suffered from abdominal pain for a long time, but it is already recovering. The zoo notes that this is not the first such case, and not only with raccoons.
Inedible items like toys and pacifiers-"pacifiers" fall into open-air cages due to an oversight of adults who came to the zoo with children. In most cases, we are talking about misunderstandings, when a child accidentally drops a ball and is not happy about it himself. But sometimes this is done on purpose. The kid from the heart throws his toy to the animal to please him.
"It's not the child's fault that he shared with the raccoon out of the kindness of his soul, this is a banal oversight. We ask parents to watch the children, to explain that raccoons do not play with human toys, that it can be dangerous. Animals do not use them to play, but gnaw and swallow, then get sick and suffer a lot, "- explained at the zoo.
Sometimes, having eaten with an inedible "offering", animals die. For example, a hippopotamus died. A boy who swallowed a rubber ball was told at the institution.
"If a toy accidentally fell into the enclosure, contact the zoo staff and report the problem. This way you will preserve the health, and maybe the life of the animals," the zoo staff ask.